Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Checking on your website's rank

hello everyone! Have you ever wondered how to check on your website's search rank? We all have, and do often, I'm sure. I myself use several methods to determine how is doing. I thought I'd share them with you and see if you all had any suggestions or tips on this. Where we stand and how to improve that is always important. One of the places I go is alexa.com. I check my website's rankings there as well as how many other sites are linked to me. This can be a useful but frustrating tool. Alexa often changes and sometimes your rank will even disappear and return. Also, they may not list every back linked website. Alexa only shows data that has been compiled by those web surfers who use their dashboard. However, it's still a good benchmark. Another thing I do is use analytics. You can use Google's of course. But I also have a very good built-in analytic system provided by my web host. This is where you can get up to the day website traffic information and see how you are doing over time. Arguably, this is the best measure of where you stand because it shows how many people actually went to your website and what pages they viewed, etc. Another good idea is to use Google itself. Go to Google and type in link: www.yourdomain.com and this will show you a long list of sites that have links to yours. This is a bit more accurate than Alexa's list of links, which, BTW, they no longer show the whole list unless you subscribe to their paid program. One final tip, it is worthwhile to do a SEO audit on your website. There are many places to do this and all of them gives slightly different results. But it never hurts to know where improvements can be made. I hope this has been of some use and I look forward to seeing your thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment